2014 Fund Directors Conference
November 3–5, 2014
Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
The rapidly changing environment for funds (from new regulatory requirements to an evolving marketplace) makes IDC’s annual conference for fund directors a prime opportunity to gain insights into the implications of these changes for funds and their boards. The conference will cover topics at the top of your list and offer you opportunities to meet other directors and discuss issues and governance practices with them.
|NOTE AN IMPORTANT PROGAM CHANGE THIS YEAR: There will not be a conference dinner on Tuesday, November 4. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.|
- A special session devoted to fund directors’ core responsibilities—for newer directors as well as those interested in a refresher on directors’ fundamental responsibilities*
- Leadership perspectives on the evolving fund industry
- Cybersecurity—a discussion of industry practices for overseeing this growing risk
- Investment performance and risk oversight
- Update on SEC activities: enforcement, examinations, and regulatory initiatives
- Discussion and networking opportunities with other fund directors
|John “Jack” Brennan
Chairman Emeritus, Vanguard
Lead Independent Director, General Electric Company
Independent Director, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Independent Director, LPL Financial
Chief Economist, First Trust Advisors L.P.
*The special session will be held on Monday, November 3, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Seating for the special session is limited. Independent directors will be given seating priority.
If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Division at 202-326-5968 or email@example.com.
The conference is closed to the media.