Foundations for Fund Directors® Participant Info
Information for Registered Participants
The virtual Foundations for Fund Directors® will have two parts:
- Individual online course
- Live group session
INDIVIDUAL ONLINE COURSE
Participants are expected to complete the individual training before participating in the live group session. The individual course takes one to two hours to complete.
To log in to the Foundations for Fund Directors prerequisite individual online course for the first time, visit the log-in page hosted by KPMG.
Trouble logging in? If you have clicked “Launch” on an online module, but are unable to proceed past the “Loading title. One moment please…” screen, it is likely that your pop-up blocker is the problem. Here’s how to disable your pop-up blocker for the Foundations for Fund Directors website:
- If you’re stuck on the loading screen, you’ll see a message on the bottom of your screen saying that “Internet Explorer blocked a pop-up from kpmg.csod.com.”
- Click on “Options for this site” and select “Always Allow.”
- Open Chrome and click the three-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Click “Settings,” scroll down the page, and click “Advanced.”
- Under the “Privacy and Security” topic, click “Content settings” and then click “Pop-ups.”
- Under the “Allow” topic, click “Add.”
- Type “https://kpmg.csod.com” into the text field and click “Add.”
Safari, using iPad or iPhone
- Tap “Settings,” scroll down the screen, and tap “Safari.”
- Scroll down the screen to “General,” and tap the radio button to turn off the “Block Pop-ups” option. (If you’re using an older operating system, you won’t see a radio button—just turn off “Block Pop-ups.”)
- Now, any site attempting to launch a pop-up will ask you if you want to allow it. When you are on https://kpmg.csod.com, tap “Allow” to view the online modules.
- To protect against cybersecurity threats, IDC recommends that you turn your pop-up blocker back on each time after you allow pop-ups for the Foundations for Fund Directors website.
Android (option 1)
- Tap the Browser or Internet app to open the stock internet browser for your Android device.
- Tap the three-dots icon or the “More” button in the upper right corner. You might need to scroll the open page to make it appear.
- Select “Settings.”
- Select “Advanced.”
- Slide the “Block Pop-ups” option to the off position.
Android (option 2)
- Tap the Chrome app.
- Tap the three-dots icon in the upper right corner. You might need to scroll the open page to make it appear.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Site Settings” from the “Advanced” section.
- Scroll down and select “Pop-ups.”
- Slide the “Pop-ups” button to the “on” position.
If you have any questions about logging in, please email KPMG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceeding to the Next Screen in a Module
The first time you work through a module, you’ll need to click on each item on the screen before you can proceed to the next screen. This includes any “Did You Know?” icons in the lower left corner of the screen. Once you’ve completed a module, it will “unlock,” enabling you to proceed from screen to screen without clicking on each item.
Navigating Between Modules
Once you complete a module and are ready to proceed to the next one, click the “Exit” link in the upper right corner of the screen to close the completed module and return to the home page. There, you will see the other module(s) listed in a box labeled “Your Learning Path.” Click on another module to launch it.
Returning to an Incomplete Module
You can always take a break in the middle of a module and come back to it later. If you idle in a module for more than an hour, it will time out. If you close the module by clicking the “Exit” link in the upper right corner of the screen, you can relaunch it from the home page the next time you log in, with the option to return to the last page you viewed. The module will be listed as “In Progress” in the box labeled “Your Learning Path.”
Returning to a Completed Module
Once you complete a module, it will no longer be listed on the home page. To view a completed module, hover your cursor over the “Browse for Training” tab and click on it to see a list of all the modules. Click on the name of the module you wish to return to and then click the “Launch” button.
Returning to the Home Page
To return to the home page from any other screen on the Foundations for Fund Directors website, hover your cursor over the “Home” tab and click “Welcome.”
LIVE GROUP PROGRAM
The live group program begins at 11:30 a.m. (ET) on Monday, March 1, and concludes at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2. The event will take place via videoconference.
Participants can register online. Registrations are not accepted by telephone.
Registration for this program is open only to directors of ICI member funds, and was designed for newer independent directors (those with up to five years’ experience). The number of participants in each session is limited.
Cancellations received by February 25 are subject to a $200 administrative fee. Cancellations are not accepted by telephone. After February 25, no registration fees can be refunded.
Business casual is appropriate.
Program and speakers are subject to change without notice. Please check periodically for program updates on IDC’s website.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact the Conference Division at 202-326-5968 or email@example.com. For program questions, please contact Tom Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Hamman at email@example.com.