|REGISTER | PROGRAM | GENERAL INFO | FAQs | FOUNDATIONS HOME|
Foundations for Fund Directors®
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit
Upon completion of Foundations for Fund Directors®, each participant will be eligible for approximately 10 hours of CPE credit. The Investment Company Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual programs for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Learning objectives: By the end of this program, participants should be better able to:
- Recall several key mutual fund concepts and discuss their importance.
- Use the guiding principles for director oversight to aid in informed decisionmaking.
- Discuss the broad statutory, regulatory, and general oversight responsibilities of independent directors.
- Use the Gartenberg factors and other considerations as part of the advisory contract review and approval process (the 15(c) process).
- Discuss the board’s oversight role of the adviser’s management of the fund’s portfolio investments.
- Identify key considerations in overseeing the fair valuation process and liquidity risk management.
- Discuss the requirements of fund directors in providing compliance oversight and ways to promote a culture of compliance.
- Explain fund directors’ responsibilities as they relate to oversight of risk management.
Program level: Basic
Delivery mode: Group live course
Recommended fields of study: Specialized knowledge
Prerequisites: No prerequisites or advance preparations are necessary for this program.
Attendance: NASBA recordkeeping standards require that sponsors maintain a record of your attendance. Please be sure to sign in/out for each session.
Please direct all questions regarding administrative policies or CPE credit to Judy Lee of the Investment Company Institute at email@example.com or 202-218-3575.