Webinar on Fundamentals of Fund Director Oversight
Core Responsibilities of Fund Directors Webinar Series
IDC is pleased to present a multipart educational webinar series covering the fundamental responsibilities of fund directors. Newer directors interested in a review of their essential role and responsibilities, as well as experienced directors looking for a refresher on these matters, can benefit from participating. Directors may participate in one or all of the sessions.
The first session was held February 27, 2014. A description of the full series is available. Stay tuned for details about the schedule for the remaining sessions.
SESSION 1: Fundamentals of Fund Director Oversight
- Overview of statutory and regulatory responsibilities
- Director independence
- Specific responsibilities
- Fiduciary duty of directors
- General oversight responsibilities
- Conflicts of interest
- Board structures and governance practices
- Diana M. Daniels, Co-Moderator
Goldman Sachs Funds
- James F. Perna, Co-Moderator
- Christopher E. Palmer
Goodwin Procter LLP
- Karen L. Skidmore
Senior Associate General Counsel
Franklin Templeton Investments
This webinar was closed to the media.