|PROGRAM | GENERAL INFO | HOTEL | FAQs|
Foundations for Fund Directors®
The Key to Success Is a Solid Foundation
At IDC, we know how much newer fund directors must learn to become an engaged and active contributor in the boardroom—and how important it is for all directors to refresh their knowledge and skills throughout their career.
That’s why IDC created its ongoing Foundations for Fund Directors orientation program, which took place April 10–11, 2019, in Chicago. This innovative orientation program was available to all directors, no matter your level of experience.
PARTICIPATE ONLINE AND IN PERSON
Foundations for Fund Directors offers a combined approach of online and in-person training:
- In March, participants began with an online training course to learn about their core responsibilities.
- On April 10–11 in Chicago, fund directors participates in an in-person learning course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Foundations for Fund Directors covers a wide range of topics, including:
- The fundamentals of mutual funds—how they work and how they’re regulated
- Directors’ role as fiduciaries—how directors protect shareholder interests and provide an independent check on fund advisors
- Directors’ responsibilities—including approving advisory contracts, evaluating fund performance, and overseeing valuation, liquidity, compliance, and risk management
- And more!