Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit
Upon completion of Foundations for Fund Directors®, each participant will be eligible for approximately eight hours of CPE credit. The Investment Company Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual programs for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Learning objectives: By the end of this program, participants should be better able to:
- Use the guiding principles for director oversight to aid in informed decisionmaking
- Discuss the broad statutory, regulatory, and general oversight responsibilities of fund directors
- Evaluate the Gartenberg factors and other considerations as part of the fund advisory contract review and approval process (the 15(c) process)
- Discuss the board’s oversight role of the adviser’s management of the fund’s portfolio investments
- Identify key considerations in overseeing the fair valuation process and liquidity risk management
- Explain fund directors’ responsibilities as they relate to oversight of risk management
- Consider directors’ oversight of compliance and ways to promote a culture of compliance
Program level: Basic
Delivery mode: Group live course
Recommended fields of study: Specialized knowledge
Prerequisites: No prerequisites or advance preparations are necessary for this program.
Attendance: NASBA recordkeeping standards require that sponsors track participation regularly during a program and maintain an attendance record.
Please direct all questions regarding administrative policies or CPE credit to CPE@ici.org or 202-218-3575.